If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Audio Book Review: At Grave's End By Jeaniene Frost

At Grave's End
(Night Huntress #3)
By Jeaniene Frost


Narrated By: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 9 hours and 28 minutes


Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and vampire lover Bones are caught by Patra, the wife of his sire Menchares, skilled in black magic and thousands of years old. Her name honors her mother Cleopatra. Patra unleashes a storm against their allies and families, ghouls and vampires. But Menchares still loves her.


Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review - all links will be live within a few weeks of each other)



My Review:

I adore this series and I'm so glad it's still living up to my expectations from the first time I read it. This time around the secondary characters left a big impression on me. I especially liked Vlad in this book (too bad his series made me despise him).

I love Cat. She's stubborn, protective of what's hers and a kick*ss fighter. Her relationship with Bones' can get rocky at times, but she doesn't back down easily or martyr herself. I like how she's grown and evolved from the first book when she used to go to a bar to seduce and stake a vampire a night.

I like Bones overall, but he can come off as too overprotective in quite a few situations. That's not what I would consider a quality and it sometimes annoys me to no end. Other than that, I like how he's brutally honest especially when it comes to making difficult decisions.

I consider this series to be a classic in the vampire genre. If you like vampires (that don't shine) with a dash of romance and gore, I recommend this series to the ends of the earth and back.

The Audio Book:

I liked everything about this book except Bones' voice. It's not at all what I first imagined when I first read these books (before the audio books released). My gripe with his voice is the overall pitch. I've never met a guy that spoke in that high of a pitch. Other than that, the narration was awesome.

My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH (especially book 4)!!! It's the only adult series I ever bothered finishing. XD The last book was a huge disappointment for me, though. :( So glad you loved this one, Mikky! <3

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently re-reading the whole series, so I don't remember much story detail from the last book. Though I have a vague sense of liking it, I wouldn't put it past myself to change my opinions in this second run through the series :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your review! I agree this series is a classic and one of my favorites.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...